- Firstly to get started with there are many electronic devices. These have many complex microprocessors embedded within it.
- It is the most commonly known programming language for embedded electronics.
- It is fun to learn this after u have reviewed thoroughly the concepts of C especially the pointer concepts and memory concepts.
- The main reason behind employing this language is that it lies in between the midst of high and low level programming.
- The Embedded C language has various individual keywords that are not at all associated with C language.
- Now we can go through the basic ones in embedded C:
In the internal memory of the microprocessor this data type will be stored.
Eg:- unsigned char a;
- Basically this data keyword instructs the microprocessor to store the unsigned character a in the internal memory of the processor.
- The function of this data keyword is to store the variable in bit addressable memory
- E.g:- unsigned char bdata a;
- The peculiarity of this data keyword is gain access to a function set through register banks.
- Eg:- void yourfunction() using1
NOTE: Register banks is a type of bank switching technique employed by the microprocessors.
Related links: http://www.ptinstitute.in/embedded-c-and-c-descriptions/