- To be honest there are much more similarities rather differences amongst them.
- The main intention for this introduction was to overcome the difficulties faced in C programming.
- Embedded C is more hardware oriented as opposed to the system oriented C language.
- The post defined set of language extension for C is known as Embedded C whereas system computer language is known as C programming language.
- The C program directly executes the program from operating system’s terminal. However embedded C needs to initially produce the file and then dump the hex code to the embedded system where the compiling process is done.
- OS system is must for C programming whereas it’s an option for Embedded C.
- With C programming you can view the corresponding output on the operating system’s terminal. However no output can be seen on desktop when using Embedded language which implies that Embedded C possess certain restrictions on software according to hardware.
- Embedded C is mainly employed in microcontrollers like washing machines automobiles, etc. whereas C finds striking applications in the most easy and logical programs, system based software and so on.
- Based on the corresponding microcontroller/processor, Embedded C is present in various formats while C programming comes with free-format source code.
- As we have seen before the Embedded C language has certain restrictions like limited RAM/ROM etc. However C can utilise all of the internal system resources.
- There can be no way data can be inputted in embedded C language during run time, due to the nature of the predefined data. However C can easily accept input data while programming.
- Related documents:http://www.ptinstitute.in/difference-between-embedded-c-and-c/