- Literally speaking E- book is an electronic form of book publication.
- It consists of either text, images or other form of digital media embedded into it.
- They can be viewed on e-readers(electronic reading devices).
- It can also be viewed on the personal desktops, and other commonly used electrical devices such as tabs, etc.
- During the year of 1930 Bob Brown invented the E – reader.
- The way he wanted it to be was implied in his quote that suggested the it should be portable and it must have the ability to view thousands of these documents within our palm.
An example of E -reader from Amazon
BROWNS DESIGN OF E- Reader:
- He predicted the following features would be implemented in near future:
- The text can be user adjustable
- Recycle paper by saving more trees
- Miniaturisation of devices
- Should create a entertaining and engaging environment for the reader to dive into.
Fig 2. The very first embedded book.
LIMITATIONS OF E- book:
- They are more suited to old people who has impaired vision or low eyesight.
- Many older men or women would not prefer these devices as they enjoy reading the traditional book itself.
- Insufficient privacy credited to the reader as many third party applications tend to gather personal info from user.
- The books that are printed are usually regarded as an object in traditional culture.
Professional Training Institute is one of the top Embedded System training Institute in Bangalore, Our unique training practical based training approach makes every student as knowledgeable and experienced. Our student Practical hands on training in Embedded system makes student employable. And also till now are having 100% placement records in our Embedded system.