CONTROLLING GREENHOUSE USING INTELLIGENT CONTROL MONITORING SYSTEM
- The sole purpose of this project is to protect the nurturing plants and additional system of control is employed to conserve energy as it is the vital source for power.
- This intelligent contraption involves the combination of sensors and microcontrollers.
- Specific agricultural plants require specific amount of humidity, hence the application of humidity sensor is found here since it’s a big hassle for the farmers to accurately measure from the soil.
- It is a type of resistance that can be varied.
- Then a specific intensity of light falls on the microcontroller the controller activates the sensor and after some time it turns off.
- This controller facilitates automatic switching of lights in order to save energy.
- PIC16F887A is the microcontroller used in this project.
- This is employed in agricultural farms since both low levels or high levels can prove detrimental to the life expectancy of the crops sown by our hardworking farmers.
- HS1101 is an unique type of humidity sensor.
- If the humidity in air exceeds a specific value then the microcontroller gives signal to the relay.
- The frequency so measured is calculated using some preallocated algorithm within the microcontroller.
- It is used to measure the moisture present in the soil.
- For thism, a wire strip is inserted into the soil.
- The way it works is like whenever the moisture content is less, the resistance of the strip goes high and vice versa.
- Therefore the PIC16F877A is used to control the functioning of water pump using the moisture sensor.
- Wireless sensor can be incorporated along with this circuit in order to inform the values and measurements. user who is not at a remote location.
- In absolutely any existing greenhouse for employing self automated control of devices.